If you are planning to travel to Australia, April 18 is THE DATE to remember.
From Monday 18th April 2022 the Biosecurity Emergency Determination relating to COVID-19 for Australia will not be renewed.
What does it mean for international travelers?
From this date, some border requirements and COVID-related safety rules are changing. If you are arriving in Australia on or after Monday 18 April 2022, then you should follow the below advice,
- Negative pre-departure tests for travelers entering Australia will NO LONGER BE REQUIRED.
- Restrictions on the entry of cruise vessels into and within Australian territory will lapse on 17 April 2022.
- International travelers INTO and OUT OF Australia will still be required to provide proof of double vaccination against COVID-19.
- Travelers will also still be required to wear a mask while on international flights based on medical advice.
- The requirements for maritime arrivals will also be aligned with those on airlines, as part of the safety protocols for the resumption of cruising.
- All passengers arriving by air in Australia should complete the Digital Passenger Declaration (to be submitted within 72 hours before your departure)
As COVID-19 and Border advice might change from time to time, we advise you to check the official government information before your departure.
Planning to study in Australia?